By choosing products that have a story, a purpose, and a benefit, we can create a huge impact.
Started in 2005 by celebrity Lauren Bush, FEED began with a simple desire to make good products that will in turn “feed” the world. By teaming with the United Nations’ World Food Programme’s School Feeding Program, FEED successfully made great progress in their mission by marketing their first canvas bag.
Since that time, however, FEED’s products and focus have greatly expanded. As new catastrophes of hunger have arisen around the globe, FEED has been quick to provide relief to any areas of the world that are in desperate need.
With this continual growth in the range of projects and products, customers are able to not only choose a bag or shirt but also choose where they would like to see their money go (or more specifically, to whichever country or event they would like to send support). What is even more wonderful about the organization is that despite beginning with a mainly international focus, FEED has also implemented numerous campaigns and programs to help improve the health/food issues here within the United States. For example, most recently, they have come out with the NYC Bag and Hoodie whose proceeds go to providing food assistance to those Hurricane Sandy survivors.
Hunger is a real issue - even in your own neighborhood. With that in mind, we’ve come up with a list of reasons why FEED is such a fantastic brand to put in your store.
- One in seven people in the world will go to bed hungry this evening.
- When people are hungry and malnourished, they cannot learn, work, or care for their families.
- Lack of food is not the cause of hunger; in fact, there is enough food produced each year to feed everyone on the planet.
- The current food crisis disproportionately affects women and girls.
- Causes of hunger include: rising food prices, lack of agriculture infrastructure, climate change, natural disasters, and war. Poverty, though, is the main cause of hunger.
So, when deciding about whether or not to make the investment in a FEED product, it’s important to remember the power we have as a consumers. In today’s society, we now have such a remarkable ability to make a difference through our simple, everyday purchases. By choosing products that have a story, a purpose, and a benefit, we can create a huge impact. We can combine consumerism with intentionality and sustainability. We can FEED the world.